Job Ref: 113-4777
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
My client is a market leading manufacturer, recognised for their ability to offer the full cycle of a project, from design to installation, they have become a key provider to some huge clients across the globe. They are key players on a variety of projects such as Mixed-use Commercial developments, Data Centres and Industrial units.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is a newly created, key position which sits within the product design team, supporting the R&D function along with 2 other design teams. You will be responsible for creating both modular and bespoke solutions, designing full solutions including structural steel, cladding and sheet steel. These complexes are used to house bespoke and modular products within the power distribution industry. The products are used on multiple projects including Data Centre’s, Commercial and Industrial.
Other duties will include: –
- Use of Autodesk Inventor and i-Logic to create engineering, production and assembly drawings and designs
- Design both modular and bespoke products and solutions
- Use of Autodesk Vault for data management
- Manage projects independently and deliver on time and within budget
- Offer solutions and ideas to overcome engineering challenges
- Work alongside sales and marketing teams to develop product specifications
- Liaise with production teams and external third-party manufacturers
- Coordinating design with other services
- Use of ANSYS, Nastran or similar for FEA
- Complete FEM calculations
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team
The successful candidate will have a passion for Design Engineering and Design for Manufacture. You will be proficient in the use of Inventor and i-Logic and be innovative offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working within the DFMA industry
- Extensive experience in the use of Inventor and i-Logic
- Experienced in using Autodesk Vault (desirable)
- Demonstrable knowledge of FEA and FEM using ANSYS, Nastran or similar
- Experienced in design modular buildings, complexes or similar
- Knowledge of structural steel
- Ability to complete structural steel calculations (desirable)
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Mechanical Design, Mechanical Design Engineering, Inventor, Vault, i-Logic, iLogic, Design for Manufacture, ANSYS, Nastran, Sheet Metal, Sheet Steel, Structural Steel, Structures, Structural Engineering, DFMA, Design, 3D Design, Product Design, FEA, FEM, Modular, Bespoke