My client is a leading manufacturer of high quality scientific equipment for engineering, analytical, diagnostic and research purposes.
Through organic growth this well established leader now requires an Internal Sales Engineer to help propel their business, creating long standing industry relationships and driving area turnover.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager you will be responsible for selling my client’s range of high value & complex non-contact measurement solutions across your assigned territory.
Working closely with the external sales team you will be required to generate leads whilst providing technical support to customers within universities, research establishments and industry, ensuring they are fully aware of my client’s products and its capabilities.
Other key duties will include;
- Growing sales of my clients non-contact measurement solutions
- Providing 1st class customer service and support
- Building long term relationships with key decision makers
- Working closely with the Application Specialists and Field Sales teams to achieve company targets.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of my client’s product range and services in order to provide specific customer advice.
- Representing my client at workshops/ tradeshows and other industry events
- Upselling service/ calibration contracts when possible.
- Updating the CRM system with relevant leads and customer information.
- Reporting on marketing communications activity to the Sales Manager
- Continuously learning and developing through personal efforts and company training.
- Attending customer visits when needed alongside the field sales team.
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of BSc and preferably hold MSc or PhD in a science / engineering related subject. Sales experience would be beneficial but not essential, with my client offering full sales training and in house coaching.
It is essential that all candidates possess an understating of acoustics, vibration analysis or signal processing from either their education or work experience.
- Other key skills required include:
- Excellent communication skills
- An autonomous attitude to work
- Knowledge of non-contact measurement solutions. (Laser, Acoustic etc.)
- Well organised with excellent personal presentation.