Location: Lancaster, Lancashire
£35K – £45K Basic + Bonus + Pool car + 4% Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Healthcare + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile environments. They are now the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Subsea sectors.
My client is currently in a period of steady growth and this is an opportunity for you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position will require you to support the health and safety function companywide across my client’s head office, warehousing facility and at various construction/installation sites nationally. It will require you to take the lead on promoting the correct health and safety practices across numerous teams, as well as creating safe environments for clients and customers.
The role will involve occasional travel to sites across the UK roughly 20% of the time with occasional overnight stay required. International travel will also be required in the future but will be limited (roughly 5% annually).
Other duties will include: –
- Promoting behavioural based health and safety practices across the business
- Attending sites to complete audits and ensure practices are being followed
- Responsible for health and safety across whole business dealing with multiple sites at any one time, as well as head office and warehouse
- Preparing RAMS in line with CDM regulations for site installations
- Preparation and delivery of health ad safety presentations and briefs for new starters and existing team members when required
- Maintaining training records for all staff members ensuing the comply with all current legislation
- Ensure working practices comply with current legislation and are safe
- Liaise with staff members, clients and contractors
The successful candidate will have experience of health and safety within a construction industry and be comfortable in communicating with site-based teams. You will be familiar with CDM regulations and be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Experience of working in a health and safety role within the construction industry
- Extensive experience in preparing RAMS (essential)
- Full knowledge of CDM regulations (essential)
- NEBOSH, SMSTS certification or similar
- Experience in working to ISO 45001 (desirable)
- Hold a CSCS card (desirable)
- Experience in liaising with multiple teams, clients and contractors
- Good written and verbal skills
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Health and Safety, HS Advisor, H&S Advisor, HSE Advisor, Construction, CDM, RAMS, Health & Safety, NEBOSH, SMSTS, ISO 45001, CSCS, HSE, SHEQ, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Installation, Health & Safety