Location: Based in the Midlands or Southwest (UK Travel Required)
Our client is an ISO accredited business which forms part of a well-respected, profitable and dynamic group. Recognised as a leading manufacturer in their field, they boast an international customer base and have an enviable reputation for performance, innovation and quality.
As a key member of the senior management team and reporting directly to the international Quality Director you will be responsible for:
- Creating an effective and sustainable company culture across all UK sites which respect the quality policies and objectives, ensuring it can achieve “best in class” quality standards.
- Taking a hands-on approach to developing a continuous improvement culture.
- Route cause analysis of issues and the implementation of sustainable improvements.
- Reviewing and optimising the complaint process offering a better service to customers.
- Analysing quality data and creating and implementing actions.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction KPI’s are delivered to at least possible cost.
- Reporting on KPI performance, issues and actions at monthly quality management review meetings.
- Supplier product approvals.
- Owning site quality improvement activities and driving employees towards quality awareness.
- Driving CI projects as agreed and aligned with the business.
- Ensuring the business upholds its quality certificates by providing support on internal and external audits.
- Maintaining and updating quality procedures and instructions.
- Working with the Factory Managers to ensure suppliers are selected and monitored (supplier audits) in line with the company’s quality management system and values.
- Managing the inspection of raw materials and finished goods, recording all results.
- Working with the sales team and customers to ensure customer relationships are managed.
- Monitoring and managing product defect reports and customer complaints.
- Implementing the right processes and rigorous procedures to further improve consistency, efficiency and quality.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quality Manager within a fast paced manufacturing business and be comfortable travelling across the UK.
It is essential all candidates are driven by continuous improvement and have experience of CI tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, 5s, Kaizen etc.
A degree within a Business or Engineering discipline would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
Other key skills required include:-
- Proven success reducing customer complaints
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation and handle pressure
- Ability to operate autonomously and have a hands-on approach to Quality management.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to drive projects forward.
- Excellent communication, analytical and influencing skills.
- Hold a Full UK Driving License.