Fantastic training and induction program
My client is a global manufacturer of optical analysis equipment and has pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged and technically challenged, then this is the opportunity for you.
Full technical training on my client’s microscopes and imaging software will be given. Due to COVID the role will initially involve working from home and technical training will be provided via video conference.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first class service and remote technical support to my client’s UK customer base.
Other duties will include: –
- Operating as the first level of support to resolve technical hardware and software issues with customers microscopy systems.
- Ensuring customers are kept updated on the steps being taken to resolve their issues.
- Using remote access sessions to dial into customers equipment to diagnose faults and identify solutions.
- Handling support emails and telephone queries from customers, typically universities and research facilities.
- Logging support cases and taking a lead role in resolving them.
- Travelling to my client’s service centre in London once to twice per month to setup equipment and recreate customer issues, allowing you the opportunity to diagnose the issue hands on.
- Assigning cases to the Field Service team should the problem require a field visit.
- Providing remote maintenance, fault finding and diagnostic support.
- Keeping updated on my client’s equipment, so you can effectively support customers.
- Ensuring customers receive an outstanding service at all times.
- Escalating issues and complaints if needed.
The successful candidate will have a passion for microscope technology and keen to develop their technical skills within both microscope hardware and connected software.
Candidates must be educated to a minimum of degree level (2:1 or above) within a life science discipline. A MSc or PhD within Biosciences, Biophysics or Life Science would be highly desirable but not essential.
It is essential all candidates have extensive hands on experience using microscopes, this could be either gained from their education or within employment.
Candidates must have a logical approach to problem solving, a passion for customer service, be well organised and comfortable multitasking.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Microscopy, Microscopes, Confocal, Light Microscopes, Microscopes, Electron Microscopes, SEM, TEM, Fluorescense, Brightfield, Widefield, Darkfield, Subject Matter Expert, Equipment Demonstrations, Hardware, Software, Imaging, Life Science, Biology, Biomedical Science, Optics, Cell Imaging, Cell Analysis, Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Live Cell, Biophysics, Biosciences, Customer Service, Remote Support, Remote Service Engineer, Fault Find, Fault Finding, Diagnosis, Diagnostics, Technical Support, Product Specialist, Product Manager, Product Support, Helpdesk, 1st Line Support