Do you have a passion for developing your hands-on engineering skills working on industry-leading, highly complex equipment?
Ready for your calling? This specialist technology provider is searching for a well-rounded individual with hands-on experience using SEM or MicroCT systems and a desire to transition into a UK Service Engineer role. (training and certification provided)
Why This Company?
This leading analytical instrument provider has seen 35% growth over the past 5 years and now wishes to further bolster its UK service team.
Recognised for service delivery and offering some of the industry’s most advanced benchtop equipment, they pride themselves on their detailed attention to their customers’ needs and dedication to the highest standards of performance and quality.
About The Role
As a Service Engineer you will work from a home office and spend 80-90% of your time covering the UK / Ireland (with around 1-2 nights per week away from home) and be responsible for:
- Occasional trips to support the European service team when needed. (1 trip per quarter).
- Due to the complex nature of the equipment and the potential travel time, you will typically attend 2-3 customer sites per week. Any travel is conducted Mon-Fri and therefore doesn’t encroach onto the weekends.
- Operating from a home office and visiting customers to complete new equipment installations, commissioning and user training. Some of the most advanced equipment can take up to 2 days to complete an installation and also 2 days for planned preventative maintenance.
- Visiting major industry and academia clients (universities).
- Liaising with customers directly to schedule the service visit.
- Decommissioning equipment for site relocations.
- Conducting routine service and calibration work, alongside more reactive maintenance, including fault finding and problem resolution.
- Working on equipment including both hardware and software ranging from £100K to £800K in value.
- Completing service report visits.
- Handling service tickets, gaining the equipment log file and using TeamViewer where possible to gain remote access to their equipment.
- On the rare occasion you aren’t able to resolve the issue on customer site, you will organise for the equipment to be sent to my clients’ service centre (Northwest) and attend to do further investigation.
The successful candidate must possess solid hands-on experience using SEM or MicroCT systems as part of their education or employment. Any experience as a Service Technician or Service Engineer would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
A minimum level degree education is essential, however, a Master or PHD is preferred.
It is essential you have a logical and methodical approach and are comfortable spending up to 40% of your time away from home.
A UK driving license is essential, as is the right to work in the UK. My client doesn’t offer sponsorship.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 144-2102
Graduate Service Engineer – SEM / MicroCT
Location: Based in the Northwest or West Midlands (UK / Ireland travel required)
Keywords: Service Engineer, Field Engineer, Grad Engineer, Graduate Service Engineer, Service Technician, Technical Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, Support Specialist, Technical Specialist, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic, Physics, Chemistry, Metrology, Material Science, Electron Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscope, SEM, TEM, Transmission Electron Microscope, MicroCT, 3D XRay Imaging, Graduate, PHD, Masters