Are you a recent graduate looking for your first break?
Frustrated by adverts which require 2-3 years in industry and wonder how you gain this experience when most companies are shying away from fresh graduates in favour of work experience?
Ready for your calling? This specialist technology manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded graduate to take on the role of Technical / Customer Support Engineer. Full training is provided.
Why This Company?
An international leader in the design, development and manufacture of technology to aid scientific discovery, this company are known for their engineering ability to offer bespoke solutions around client’s needs. They have secured key global projects which has seen their technology integrated into some of the world largest labs.
Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification equipment that meet the demands of industry.
About The Role
Based in Cambridge, once established the Technical / Customer Support Engineer can work 2 days from home and 3 days in the office.
As a Technical / Customer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing reactive technical support and assistance to a European customer base of End Users, OEM’s and Distributors (around 5 technical support cases per day)
- Troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving equipment issues
- Using my client’s equipment testing software to help diagnose problems
- Initiating remote technical sessions
- Organising for any equipment that can’t be fixed remotely to be returned (approximately 2 per day)
- Booking in equipment for inspection/repair with the production/repairs team
- Attending weekly meetings between the repairs department and technical support ensuring you gain updates on any outstanding returns so you can update customers appropriately
- Providing customers with pricing for any repairs outside of warranty
- Occasionally travelling to customer site if needed (once per month)
- Supporting the business at trade shows and events
- Managing the pool of demonstration equipment, ensuring it is fully tested before it is sent out to customers or other subsidiaries within the company
Fresh graduates with no work experience are welcome, however you must possess a logical approach to problem solving and a desire to learn, along with a strong attention to detail, great communications skills and an interest in progressing a career in Technical Support.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 123-6363
Graduate Engineer – Electronic Electrical Mechanical Physics Engineering
Location: Cambridge (2 days per week WFH / 3 days in the office)
Keywords: Graduate Engineer, Graduate Technical Support, Trainee Engineer, Product Support, Support Engineer, Service Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, Remote Support, Telephone Support, Support Specialist, Technical Specialist, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic, Physics Technician, Science