Location: Based anywhere in Germany
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of measurement technology and sensors for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of bespoke solutions to meet the high demands of industry. They pride themselves on being the premier brand within their market and have built a strong reputation for their innovative and dynamic approach.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for:-
- Operating from a home office and spending 20-25% of your time travelling in Europe with the remaining 75-80% of your time focusing on Germany.
- Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
- Developing “design in” solutions for OEM’s operating within the Medical and Off-Highway sector (Agriculture and Construction machinery).
- Ensuring the sales budget is achieved.
- Working towards a 5 year sales growth objective.
- Prospecting new OEM’s (75%) and developing and nurturing existing OEM relationships (25%).
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Engineering Managers, Project Engineers and Procurement.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base.
- Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities.
- Understanding customer needs and providing bespoke solutions.
- Leading new development projects by becoming the liaison between my client’s technical engineering and R&D function and the client.
- Negotiating contracts and securing OEM business.
The successful candidate will possess past experience selling standard and bespoke “design in” sensor, instrumentation, measurement or metrology solutions to OEM’s and ideally have some exposure to operating across Europe.
Other technical electromechanical solutions will be considered, if you possess experience dealing with primary OEM’s in the Medial, Agriculture, Automation or Off Highway market.
A HND or Degree within a technical discipline would be highly advantageous.
All candidates must possess a mix of technical and commercial skills and be comfortable liaising with engineers.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Fluency in English and German
- Able to operate autonomously
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel