Location: Based in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Avon, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey or Kent.
Fantastic training and induction program
My client is a global manufacturer of optical analysis equipment and has pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged and technically challenged then this is the opportunity for you.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first class service and calibration support to my client’s customer base across the assigned territory.
The role will involve an average of 3 nights away from home per month.
Other duties will include:-
- Calibrating, servicing and maintaining a range of high value complex surface analysis machinery and equipment.
- Providing effective on site customer support including system installation and commissioning.
- Understanding product applications so that suitable alternatives can be recommended during equipment downtime.
- Providing site based and remote maintenance (preventative and reactive), fault finding and diagnostic support.
- Providing post-sales support and training to customers on my client’s systems and their correct use.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Submitting accurate and timely service reports.
- Providing technical pre-sales support to the sales team.
- Attending and assisting my client at exhibitions and technical workshops when needed.
The ideal candidate will have gained a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a Service Engineering role working on high value complex machinery.
Any experience working with Electron Microscopes, MRI Scanners, Video Imaging Systems, Robotics, Automation Equipment or any other complex equipment would be highly beneficial.
My client is willing to consider Engineers / Engineering Technicians from the military who may have worked on sonar, radar and weapons systems.
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
An engineering education including an Apprenticeship, City & Guilds, HNC/HND or Degree will be considered.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Full UK driving Licence
- Willingness to travel.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineering, Remote Support, Remote Service Engineer, Mobile Service Engineer, Fault Find, Fault Finding, Installation, Calibration, Servicing, Commissioning, Technical Support, Electron Microscopes, Microscopy, SEM, TEM, XRD, MRI Scanners, Video Imaging Systems, Robotics, Automation