Are you a driven sales professional with a desire to learn and develop into a more solutions-based sales environment?
Ready to take over their most successful region of the UK (Midlands)? This specialist technology manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded, ambitious and driven sales professional that with their support can become a huge success within the industry.
Why This Company?
With a rich history in their sector, my client has become globally recognised for their quality and expertise. The variety of technical solutions, innovative design and reliability in the market, along with their highly skilled team have contributed significantly to their continued success within the sector.
With no market competition and equipment configurations to suit most industrial needs, they have continued to secure contracts within a diverse range of manufacturing sectors including metalworking, packaging, food & beverage etc.
About The Role
As the Area Sales Manager, you will take over one of the most successful regions of the UK and be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team of 7 sales professionals across the UK.
- Spending approximately 4 days per week on the road with customers and 1 day from home.
- Covering the Midlands region.
- Operating in a 65% New Business and 35% Account Management role.
- Initially starting with a customer base of 50 accounts, generating around £800K turnover.
- Securing rental agreements with businesses for my client’s equipment (one unit, one year contract is typically around £15K pa).
- In the first 6 months, you will be given a vast amount of training on their technology and also SPIN selling techniques. Typically, new recruits secure their first order within three months.
- Generating your own Leads through referrals, cold calling, using tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and also working with an external telemarketing business.
- Conducting multiple meetings with prospects with the initial meeting being purely for investigation purposes and to understand their needs, with a follow-up meeting to present your proposal.
- Networking existing customers and developing sales opportunities within other sites.
You must enjoy hunting for new business and possess a minimum of 2-3 years within a proactive field-based sales role. If you have gained experience in an equipment rental operation, that would be highly advantageous.
My client is completely open on the industry you have operated in or the products you have sold, the emphasis is more on your character.
Other key skills:
- Intelligent with a commitment to learn
- A desire to succeed
- A passion to move into a consultative sales environment
- Articulate communicator and influencer
- Highly motivated
- Comfortable generating your own leads and new business
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 129-3004
Field Sales Executive / Area Sales Manager
Location: Covering the Midlands (Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Birmingham, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Northamptonshire)
Keywords: Sales Exec, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Exec, Area Sales Executive, New Business, Business Development Manager, Business Development Exec, Business Development Executive, Regional Sales, Field Sales, Territory Sales, External Sales, Outside Sales