Location: South England
(candidates can be based anywhere within the South, but ideally in the Kettering area)
£32K – £36K Basic + Bonus + Company Van + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Healthcare + Benefits + Expenses covered
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile and controlled environments. They are now the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Subsea sectors.
My client is currently in a period of steady growth and this is an opportunity for you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
My client is seeking an Installation & Validation Engineer to join their existing team based in the South of England. Reporting into the Installation & Validation Manager, you will be responsible for visiting various sites across the UK and Europe, to install, test and maintain contamination-controlled environments. You will be tasked with ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of installations and validations are carried out to the companies and customers expectations and also be responsible for signing off the electrical aspects of the installations.
This is a field-based role and will involve extensive travel to sites across the UK and abroad. (~25% of time will be spent abroad). You must be prepared for overnight stays Monday – Thursday.
Other duties will include: –
- Lead and ensure that all installations are completed to required specification and standards and on time
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure all materials and labour are available on the right site and at the right time
- Undertake sufficient training for the role
- Take a lead on installations and validations of electrical services such as HVAC systems, Filters and Lighting
- Provide support for other Installation teams on other sites
- Inspect, test and sign off electrical installation and repairs
- Communicate and interact with Operations team and all other relevant departments
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed accurately and on time
The successful candidate will be a time served Electrician, have experience in Electrical Engineering and have experience in field-based installation, validation or maintenance roles. You will be well organised, a good communicator and willing to travel extensively.
Other key skills include:
- Qualified in 18th edition IET Wiring regulations (essential)
- City & Guilds 236 or 2330 parts 1 and 2 or equivalent (essential)
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing or equivalent (essential)
- Experience in 240v/415v electrical wiring and testing (essential)
- Working knowledge on BS7671 Wiring regulations (essential)
- Experience in Electrical fault finding and testing
- Demonstrable working knowledge of control-based systems and PLC’s
- Demonstrable experience of working and installing Steelwork and Insulated panels
- Fitting and assembly of Mechanical equipment
- Ability to offer good customer service
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 – 2008
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal skills
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Installation, Validation, I&V, Electrical, PLC, HVAC, Air Filters, Contamination Control, Asceptic, Construction, ISO 9001, CSCS, Steelwork, Insulated panels, Lighting, 18th edition, IET, Wiring, Electrician, Testing, Inspection, Cleanrooms, Clean rooms, Clean room, Cleanroom