Location: Based in the UK, Germany or Sweden (with 50% travel)
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of test & measurement technology for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of solutions to meet the high demands of industry and academia. They pride themselves on being the premier brand within their industry and have built a strong reputation across the Materials Testing industry for their innovative and dynamic approach.
You will be responsible for:-
- Operating from a home office and spending approximately 50% of your time meeting clients and 50% on strategic planning.
- Developing sales within Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.
- Securing direct key account customers.
- Working with the internal sales support team.
- Identifying and securing new distributors which can aid my client’s growth strategy.
- Providing training, technical and application support to customers.
- Handling inquiries, delivering product demonstrations, conducting sales negotiations and producing quotations.
- Identifying new sales channels in order to secure new business opportunities.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base.
- Developing relationships with both Universities and industry. Typical industry clients would include customers operating within sectors such as Automotive, Aerospace, Engineering, Marine and Medical.
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Understanding customer needs and providing bespoke solutions.
- Building relationships with Professors, Researchers, Engineering Managers and Engineers.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
The successful candidate will possess past technical sales experience within the sensor, instrumentation or test and measurement field.
Past sales experience in Scandinavia or Eastern Europe would be highly beneficial but not essential, as would a technical education within Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
My client will consider a UK Sales Engineer who wishes to develop in to international sales should they possess the technical expertise within the test & measurement field.
All candidates must possess a mix of technical and commercial skills and be comfortable with travel and nights away from home.
Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to build trusting relationships at all levels.
Keywords: Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Business Development, International Sales Manager, European Sales Manager, Account Manager, Account Management, Field Sales, Territory Sales, Sensors, Instrumentation, Test & Measurement, Instruments, Measurement Devices, Data Acquisition