Location: Based in Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey
My client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of technical solutions for a diverse range of industries and applications.
They offer an extensive range of bespoke and standard solutions to meet the high demands of industry. With a brand and reputation that has become synonymous for quality and reliability they have continued to dominate their market.
Reporting to the Global Sales Director you will be responsible for:-
- Spending on average 2-3 days per week in my clients Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey offices.
- Supporting the sales team on client visits across the UK (80%) and Europe (20%).
- Developing a short, medium and long term sales strategy to develop sales and improve market share within Europe.
- Collaborating with Design, Production, Engineering and Customer Services to ensure the business consistently exceeds customer expectations.
- Managing a European team of approximately 15 staff which includes territory sales managers and customer service personnel.
- Ensuring the team is focused on developing new business opportunities within their target markets.
- Ensuring both direct customers and distribution partners are receiving the support required.
- Providing the effective leadership, training and support needed to develop European sales in line with turnover and profit growth targets.
- Preparing annual budgets and sales forecasts.
- Spending 80% of your time completing managerial responsibilities and 20% of your time liaising directly with customers.
- Chairing regional and European sales meetings.
- Conducting staff recruitment, training, coaching, mentoring, annual appraisals and disciplinary action.
- Attending industry exhibitions and events.
The successful candidate will possess natural leadership capabilities and hold a minimum of 5 years within a Sales Management capacity, managing a team of 5+ staff.
It is essential all candidates have a business development background and a proactive approach to growing territory sales. This must be gained within a technical environment such as Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or affiliated.
You must possess the personality to inspire, influence and drive sales performance across multiple countries and different cultures.
A Degree or higher within a technical or business discipline would be highly advantageous.