Do you have a passion for global logistics and enjoy the challenges of operating across multiple sites?
Why This Company?
- A well-established market leader with vast experience within their sector.
- Financially stable and robust business.
- Driven by process improvement and service delivery.
About The Role
As the European Logistics Manager / Freight Manager you will take a hands-on approach and be responsible for:
- Leading a team of 10 direct reports and 6 indirect (3PL staff) across 6 European locations.
- Weekly / fortnightly travel to the 3PL site in Frankfurt.
- Negotiating, managing and monitoring the performance of the 3PL warehousing contracts and 3rd party courier contracts.
- Handling customs clearance issues.
- Working with finance to manage the European logistics budget of €3.5/€4m.
- Understanding the shipping processes in each site to identify process improvements.
- Delivering against European logistics KPI’s (on time delivery, service etc.)
- Setting logistics KPI’s for the 3PL provider, ensuring they meet volumes, shipping due dates etc.
- Creating and implementing SOP’s for each site.
- International travel (20%) to other European sites. Visiting each site around 3 times per year).
- Implementing a new ERP and Transport Management System within your region.
- Controlling freight costs and solving logistics bottlenecks.
- Produce freight / logistics reports on your region’s performance.
- Coordinate and negotiate import/export activities with freight forwarders ensuring on time delivery to other company sites and customers.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have 3-5 years’ experience within a Freight / Logistics Management role. This will ideally involve the management and negotiation of 3PL warehousing agreements and 3rd party courier contracts.
English language skills are essential, however, fluency in German would be beneficial.
Knowledge and understanding of import/export compliance and customs regulations would be highly advantageous, as would ERP implementation experience and a related business degree.
We require a hands-on problem solver with the managerial capabilities to manage remote teams within Europe and the desire to be successful in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 132-8162
European Logistics Manager
Location: Heilbronn, Germany
Keywords: Logistics Manager, European Logistics, Regional Logistics, Import Export Manager, Freight Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, Freight Operations Manager, ERP, Customs, Service Delivery