Job Ref: 126-7452
Location: Based in Heidelberg / Heilbronn / Ludwigsburg / Stuttgart, Germany (4 days office; 1 day from home)
My client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacture of mission critical technology utilised across a diverse range of industries. Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification equipment that meets the demands of industry.
In line with the development of their German office they would like to secure a talented I.T Manager to oversee the IT function in Europe.
Reporting to the Global IT Director you will manage a small team of direct reports in Europe and support 300 I.T users across 9 European locations.
Other duties include:
- Providing hands on local user support for the Germany office
- Attending and offering input at senior management meetings
- Managing the European IT budget (€500K) along with any adhoc upgrade project budgets
- Ensuring the appropriate IT controls and measures are implemented to aid the business to remain compliant
- Ensuring IT policies and procedures are in place and kept up to date
- Travelling to other European sites (20% of your time)
- Supporting in the management of global IT initiatives within your region
- Working with other department heads to analyse their needs and develop new or adapt existing systems to meet their requirements
- Playing an active role within European disaster recovery, business continuity and cyber security
Short term projects to get involved with:
- Roll out of MS Teams video conference equipment across larger sites in Europe
- Setup of a new satellite site in Germany – network infrastructure design, IT setup etc.
- ISDN to SIP migration
- Implementation of a new CRM
- Implementation of a time and attendance solution across all European sites
- Phone system upgrade
- Support on a global network segmentation project – responsible for the European sites
The successful candidate MUST be fluent in English and possess proven success (4+ years) in IT Management / IT Service Management. Experience managing a remote based IT team or remote users across numerous countries would be beneficial but not essential.
Prior to their management career, candidates must have gained experience within a hands-on IT Infrastructure or System Administration role and be familiar with virtual servers and IT infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable and approachable with the ability to get the best from their team. It is essential they are comfortable delegating, handling conflict and taking a hands-on approach to local IT issue.
My client is willing to consider candidates from any industry, ideally this will be within an international company with a diverse range of cultures.
Keywords: I.T Manager, IT Manager, IT Service Manager, I.T Service Manager, IT Service Management, I.T Service Management, ICT Manager, Systems Manager, Information Technology Manager, European IT Manager, Regional IT Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Infrastruktur Manager, IT Systems Manager, I.T Systems Manager, Head of IT, Head of I.T, Head of Systems, Head of Infrastructure, Information Systems Manager, Head of Information Systems, Informationssysteme