European Distribution Sales Manager – Electromechanical

Job details




Electrical and Power

Location: Based in England – Ideally located in the South East, South West, Midlands, East Anglia, North West or Yorkshire region.


My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of electromechanical solutions utilised across a wide range of industry sectors.

They offer an extensive range of high quality, reliable products that meet the demands of industry and have built a solid reputation for their innovative and dynamic approach.


Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for:-

  • Operating from a home office and spending two days per month at my client’s offices.
  • Spending 20-30% of your time travelling in Europe (Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic etc.) with the remaining 70% of your time focusing on the UK and Ireland.
  • Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
  • Managing, supporting and training a European distribution/reseller network.
  • Creating and implementing a distribution strategy, structure and hierarchy across Europe.
  • Conducting regular performance reviews of existing distributors.
  • Creating and implementing a clear pricing structure across the distribution network.
  • Identifying, qualifying and appointing new distributors that will add value to my client’s European sales strategy.
  • Negotiating distribution agreements and contracts.
  • Freeing up the Regional Sales Managers by allocating smaller direct customers to their local distribution partner.


The successful candidate MUST possess past experience managing a European / International distribution network and ideally have sold electrical, mechanical, electromechanical or mechatronic solutions. Examples include but not limited to Switchgear, Solenoids, Pumps, Sensors etc.

A HND or Degree would be highly advantageous but not essential, as would additional European languages such as German, Czech or Polish.

A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:

  • Strategic thinking
  • Self-motivation
  • Able to operate autonomously
  • Competent user of Microsoft Office
  • Excellent presentation and communication skills
  • Willingness to travel in Europe

View all our recently delivered

We will only contact you in relation to latest news & updates that we think will be of interest to you. We will not disclose your information to any third party and you can unsubscribe from our database at any time.