Location: Based in England – Ideally located in the South East, South West, Midlands, East Anglia, North West or Yorkshire region.
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of electromechanical solutions utilised across a wide range of industry sectors.
They offer an extensive range of high quality, reliable products that meet the demands of industry and have built a solid reputation for their innovative and dynamic approach.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for:-
- Operating from a home office and spending two days per month at my client’s offices.
- Spending 20-30% of your time travelling in Europe (Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic etc.) with the remaining 70% of your time focusing on the UK and Ireland.
- Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
- Managing, supporting and training a European distribution/reseller network.
- Creating and implementing a distribution strategy, structure and hierarchy across Europe.
- Conducting regular performance reviews of existing distributors.
- Creating and implementing a clear pricing structure across the distribution network.
- Identifying, qualifying and appointing new distributors that will add value to my client’s European sales strategy.
- Negotiating distribution agreements and contracts.
- Freeing up the Regional Sales Managers by allocating smaller direct customers to their local distribution partner.
The successful candidate MUST possess past experience managing a European / International distribution network and ideally have sold electrical, mechanical, electromechanical or mechatronic solutions. Examples include but not limited to Switchgear, Solenoids, Pumps, Sensors etc.
A HND or Degree would be highly advantageous but not essential, as would additional European languages such as German, Czech or Polish.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Strategic thinking
- Able to operate autonomously
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel in Europe