Location: Based in East Midlands / Northern Home Counties or surrounding
(Potential to relocate to Europe after 6 months in the role should you require)
£38K – £48K Basic + £10K Commission + 6% Bonus + Company Car + 4% Pension + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the supply of standard and bespoke solutions for a wide range of technical applications.
They offer an extensive range of solutions to meet the high demands of industry and pride themselves on being the premier brand within their sector. They have built a strong reputation for offering an outstanding service and innovative approach to motion control, imaging and metrology based solutions.
As the European Sales Engineer you will be responsible for: –
- Taking a lead role in supporting new (30%) and existing customers (70%)
- Developing relationships with distributors (50%) and OEM’s (50%)
- Securing new distribution partners within Europe
- Understanding clients application needs and providing bespoke solutions which are fit for purpose
- Conducting both virtual and face to face meetings (post COVID, 25-30% travel required)
- Handling both technical and commercial enquires from your territory
- Presenting and demonstrating my client’s technology, discussing the features and benefits
The successful candidate MUST possess past experience within a customer facing role, this could be as a Customer Support Engineer, Applications Engineer, Presales, Product Specialist, Product Manager or Sales Engineer.
This can be within laser technology, non-contact measurement, optical imaging, photonics, metrology, spectroscopy, microscopy, nanotechnology, sensors, motion control, positioning systems or affiliated.
Fluency in a second European language, ideally French, Spanish, Dutch or Italian is essential.
A technical education within Engineering, Metrology, Mechatronics, Electromechanical, Nanotechnology, Science would be preferred but not essential.
Other key skills include:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss highly technical solutions in a meaningful manner.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Product Manager, Product Specialist, Applications Engineer, Presales Support, Pre-sales Support, Customer Support, Sales Manager, European Sales, Sensors, Measurement, Measurement Technology, Materials Testing, Motion Control, Imaging, Microscopy, Microscopes, Metrology, Laser Systems, Non-contact Measurement, Optical Imaging, Photonics, Spectroscopy, Nanotechnology