Are you a technical sales/application specialist with a desire to operate internationally?
Ready for a new challenge? This specialist technology manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded technical/commercial professional to join their team.
Why This Company?
This international leader is known for its engineering ability to offer bespoke solutions around clients’ needs. They have secured key global projects which have seen their technology integrated into some of the world’s largest labs.
Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high-specification equipment that meets the demands of industry.
About The Role
As the European Sales Engineer & Applications Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Taking a lead role in supporting new (30%) and existing customers (70%).
- Developing relationships with distributors (50%) and OEM’s (50%).
- Securing new distribution partners within Europe.
- Understanding clients application needs and providing bespoke solutions which are fit for purpose.
- Conducting both virtual and face to face meetings (20% travel required).
- Handling both technical and commercial enquires from your territory.
- Presenting and demonstrating my client’s technology, discussing the features and benefits.
The successful candidate MUST possess past experience within a customer facing role, this could be as an Applications Engineer, Presales, Product Specialist, Product Manager, Account Manager or Sales Engineer.
This should be within a technical discipline such as, but not limited to, metrology, instrumentation, laser technology, non-contact measurement, optical imaging, photonics, spectroscopy, nanotechnology, sensors, motion control, robotics, automation or affiliated.
Fluency in a second European language, ideally French, Spanish, Dutch or Italian is highly beneficial, but not essential.
A technical education within Engineering, Metrology, Mechatronics, Electromechanical, Science or affiliated is essential.
Other key skills include:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss highly technical solutions in a meaningful manner.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
Job Ref: 131-9495
European Account Manager / Sales Engineer / Application Specialist
Location: Ideally based in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Essex or surrounding area
Keywords: Sales Specialist, Sales Engineer, Product Manager, Product Specialist, Applications Engineer, Applications Specialist, Presales Support, Pre-sales Support, Customer Support, Sales Manager, European Sales, Export Sales, Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development, Solution Sales, Sensors, Instrumentation, non-contact Measurement, Measurement Technology, Materials Testing, Motion Control, Imaging, Metrology, Laser Systems, Non-contact Measurement, Optical Imaging, Spectroscopy, Robotics, Nanotechnology, Automation, Photonics