- A successful multimillion pound manufacturer.
- A dynamic and fast paced business.
- An organisation driven by change and continuous improvement.
- Well recognised for offering high quality products and an outstanding service to its clients.
Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing, motivating and developing a small team of mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Working with the site management team to ensure machine uptime KPI’s are achieved.
- Taking a lead, hands on role to resolving technical issues.
- Fault finding both mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Playing an active role within site Health & Safety.
- Ensuring all plant equipment is maintained efficiently.
- Managing a monthly maintenance budget.
- Working as part of the site management team on all capital expenditure projects.
- Managing outside contractors whilst on site.
- Creating and implementing a preventative maintenance system.
- Minimising the time lost through equipment breakdowns.
The ideal candidate will have past experience managing and supervising a team of engineers, however my client is also willing to consider Mechanical or Electrical Engineers who have the skills and ability to move in to a hands on leadership role.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have:-
- A proven track record in engineering and may have completed a time served apprenticeship or HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Gained experience of a PLC controlled manufacturing environment.
- An IOSH Health & Safety qualification (beneficial not essential).
- The skills and capabilities to fault find technical issues.
- An ambitious personality and be driven by continuous improvement.
Electrical qualification such as 17th Edition would be highly beneficial but not essential.
Alternative backgrounds my client will consider include Engineers from the Military and candidates with engineering experience gained in the rail industry.