Location: Avon, Bristol area
Hours: Monday – Friday (8am to 5pm)
- Well recognised for offering an outstanding service to its clients.
- A highly successful and market leading manufacturing business.
- An organisation driven by change and improvement.
Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing, mentoring, motivating and developing a team of mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Working with the site management team to ensure machine uptime objectives are achieved.
- Operating within an 85% leadership and 15% hands on role.
- Implementing 5s techniques to improve organisation within the workshop.
- Creating and implementing a spare parts control system.
- Playing an active role within site Health & Safety.
- Ensuring all plant equipment is maintained efficiently.
- Managing a monthly maintenance budget.
- Working as part of the site management team on all capital expenditure projects.
- Managing outside contractors whilst on site.
- Creating and implementing preventative maintenance systems, condition monitoring programs and predictive maintenance schedules.
- Minimising the time lost through equipment breakdowns.
The ideal candidate will have past experience managing and supervising a team of engineers or technicians within a manufacturing environment, however my client will consider Lead Technicians or Supervisors from the Military or Rail industry.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have:-
- A proven track record in engineering and may have completed a time served apprenticeship or HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- An IOSH Health & Safety qualification (beneficial not essential).
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- An ambitious personality and be driven by continuous improvement.
- Ability to improve standards and change team culture.