Location: Bath / Bristol or surrounding
- Well recognised for offering an outstanding service to its clients.
- A highly successful and market leading manufacturing business.
- An organisation driven by change and improvement.
Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing, motivating and developing a small team of mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Working with the site management team to ensure machine uptime objectives are achieved.
- Taking a lead, hands on role to resolving technical issues.
- Fault finding both mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Playing an active role within site Health & Safety.
- Ensuring all plant equipment is maintained efficiently.
- Managing a monthly maintenance budget.
- Working as part of the site management team on all capital expenditure projects.
- Managing outside contractors whilst on site.
- Creating and implementing a preventative maintenance system.
- Minimising the time lost through equipment breakdowns.
The ideal candidate will have past experience managing and supervising a team of engineers or technicians within a manufacturing environment, however my client will consider Lead Engineers or Supervisors from the Military or Rail industry.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have:-
- A proven track record in engineering and may have completed a time served apprenticeship or HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- An IOSH Health & Safety qualification (beneficial not essential).
- The skills and capabilities to fault find technical issues.
- An ambitious personality and be driven by continuous improvement.
- Ability to improve standards and change team culture.
Electrical qualification such as 17th Edition would be highly beneficial but not essential.