Location: London (potential for some offsite/home working)
My client has been in operation for almost 50 years. Steeped in rich history, this innovative and evolving business is poised to capitalise on the growing and developing technology market.
With the highly anticipated launch of their new smart technology which will genuinely impact and improve lives, they now require an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join them on a contract basis.
Reporting to the senior engineering and product management team you will be working on smart technology capable of reading biometric data.
With a product launch date of July 2019 you will work within an experienced and dedicated team and be responsible for:-
- Developing, prototyping and writing firmware to report biometric and state data.
- Developing hardware prototypes.
- Developing algorithms for signal processing.
- Implementing over the air update process for embedded devices.
- Leading the construction of low volume prototypes.
- Producing models with existing devices capable of field testing.
- Supporting on finalising component selection and circuitry design sign-off.
- Reviewing and continually providing input on new and existing products.
The successful candidate will possess a proven blend of hardware and firmware skills and have knowledge of consumer / simple set-up products.
Candidates must have a minimum of 3-4 years within embedded software development and possess a strong understating of cloud computing technology.
Other key skills:
- Hands on experience using sensors to measure biometrics would be advantageous.
- Strong understanding of security for IoT devices.
- Experience with digital signal processing and microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of low power / analogue / digital electronics circuitry.
- Autonomous worker who is also comfortable working within a team environment.