Location: Crawley, Burgess Hill, Redhill, Epsom, Tunbridge Wells and surrounding
My client is a market leading manufacturer and supplier of specialist systems and equipment used across a diverse range of industries.
With a multimillion pound turnover and some prestigious clients, they have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable solutions to the market.
As a rapidly evolving high technology business, they now wish to recruit a competent Electronics Team Manager to join their rapidly expanding team.
As a Design Team Manager and one of the senior figures in the business you will lead a team of specialist engineer’s through the full system development life cycle.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in creating new processes and best working practises working sides by side with the R&D manager to drive team collaboration.
Other responsibilities include:-
- General project management tasks
- Developing and growing your team
- Taking a lead role within the overall R&D team management.
- Guiding detailed design activities and future strategic development cycles
- Leading design review meetings
- Collaborating and interfacing with other company departments.
- Assisting with the writing of design specifications.
- Leading the design team in creation of wiring schematics, embedded digital control circuitry, servo & stepper motor control units and real-time microcontrollers.
- Ensuring projects are completed within agreed time frames & budgets.
- Preparing a bill of materials.
- Giving input to the creation of PCB layouts for good EMC performance.
- Reporting all work on a weekly and monthly basis to the department manager.
Management / leadership experience is essential as my client is looking for someone who is capable of making a real impact from day one.
The position would suit a creative individual who has a logical approach to work and a clear drive for quality, performance and functionality.
It is essential that all candidates understand the end to end NPI / NPD process and possess past experience/knowledge within electronics and firmware written in C.
Other key skills that would be advantageous include:
- Experience using project tracking/ management tools
- Experience with microprocessor-based motion controllers
- Knowledge of 2D & 3D design packages
All applicants must possess a valid UK work Visa.
Keywords: Team Leader, Team Manager, Design Engineer, Electronics Design, Electronics Lead, Design Lead, Design Manager, HW Manager, Hardware Manager, SW Manager, Software Manager, FW Manager, Firmware Manager, HW Lead, Hardware Lead, SW Lead, Software Lead, FW Lead, Firmware Lead, Lead Engineer, R&D Manufacturing, R&D Manager, Electronics Manager, Electronics Project Manager, Electronics Project Supervisor, Electronics Project Lead, Technical Lead, Programme Manager, Programme Lead.