- A highly successful and market leading manufacturing business.
- An organisation driven by improvement.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing, motivating and developing a small team of line operators.
- Completing preventative maintenance routines in accordance with the schedule.
- To provide cover on other shifts or production planning if required.
- Delivering to production output, quality and Health & Safety KPI’s.
- Identifying production efficiency improvements – clean down times, changeovers etc.
- Handling emergency breakdowns by diagnosing equipment faults and resolving issues in a fast and efficient manner.
- Minimising the time lost through equipment breakdowns.
- Overseeing manufacturing in the absence of the Production Manager and Plant Manager.
- Maintaining a log of all work carried out.
- Supporting on improvements projects within the site.
- Fault finding both mechanical and electrical equipment.
The successful candidate MUST have a mechanical or electrical engineering background, coupled with past experience leading and supervising a team. My client will consider lead engineers or operators with the potential to step up in to a supervisor level opening.
A time served apprenticeship or Electrical Engineering qualification such as 16th/17th Edition or NVQ Level 2 or 3 would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
Although previous experience within manufacturing or production would be advantageous, my client is willing to consider Lead Engineers or Engineering Supervisors from the Military or Rail industry.
Other key skills include:-
- Good leadership.
- An IOSH Health & Safety qualification (beneficial not essential).
- The capability to diagnose technical issues.
- A drive for continuous improvement.