Location: Norfolk / Suffolk
My client is driven by year on year efficiency improvements across their business and offers a dynamic and progressive working culture for like minded individuals.
Following the implementation of a new driver training program nationally, my client now wishes to recruit a talented and ambitious Driver Trainer to join their team.
Under the guidance of the Transport Manager you will be responsible for:
- The performance management and continuous improvement of approximately 20 drivers.
- Completing an induction with all new Drivers.
- Ensuring that all Drivers are assessed and trained on a regular basis.
- Ensuring all training documentation is complete and up to date.
- Implementing appropriate courses including tachograph, manual handling, fuel management, defensive driving and safety training.
- Arranging and conducting annual driving assessments for each Driver.
- Ensuring all drivers are trained to Driver CPC standard.
- Assessing individual driver training requirements.
- Monitoring, evaluating, reporting and investigating vehicle accidents and infringements, ensuring a satisfactory resolution to all outstanding incidents.
- Reviewing data from the in cab telematics and tachograph analysis systems including Driver Hour Infringements, MPG, Idling, Harsh Braking/Acceleration, Speeding Offences and agreeing a corrective training plan with the Transport Manager.
- Assisting in achieving full legal compliance with the Operators License and driver hour regulations.
- Covering for the Transport Manager in there absence.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have:-
- Related Driver Training and Assessment qualifications (RTITB, SAFED etc.). In house qualifications and training will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Driver Trainer or Driver Training Manager.
- A good understanding of Driver and Working Time Regulations.
- The ability to influence drivers and be comfortable communicating and presenting at all levels.
- The ability to maintain high standards while working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A valid HGV/LGV driving license.
- A National or International CPC (highly beneficial, not essential).