BIM Coordinator – Building Services (TH079)
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire
£35K – £45K Basic + Bonus + 4% Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Healthcare + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile environments. They are now the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Subsea sectors.
My client is currently in a period of steady growth and this is an opportunity for you to develop and progress professionally with a well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position will offer a variety of work within the Building Services design process and will encompass all services and coordination. It will require you to take the lead on projects and improve company capabilities by training and sharing knowledge.
The role will involve occasional travel to sites across the UK, (roughly 10% annually) for which pool vehicles are provided.
Other duties will include: –
- Using Revit to design and model products and projects
- Coordinating design with other services
- Collaborating with installation teams to ensure products are manufactured to design specifications
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers and contractors
- Completing site surveys
- Taking the lead on projects and chairing design review meetings
- Delivering full BIM coordination including usage of BIM360 and Clash Detection features
The successful candidate will have a passion for Digital Engineering, BIM standards and processes, and be proficient in the use of Revit. You will be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 4 years’ Building Services design experience with a solid mix of Mechanical and Electrical
- Extensive experience with HVAC, Water piping and Ductwork
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- An understanding of Architectural and Structural functions (desirable)
- Ability to lead teams and projects, conduct design reviews and train other staff members
- Site survey experience
- Willingness to share knowledge and ideas
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: BIM, Building Services Design, Design Technician, CAD, Revit, Revit MEP, Mechanical Electrical Piping, Building Services, Coordinator, Building Information Modelling, 3D Design, Revit Coordinator, BIM Coordinator, Building Services Design Engineer, Design Engineer