Are you a highly motivated Area Sales Manager with experience in specifying pumps, booster sets and pressurisation units?
Tired of useless KPIs that become prohibitive and restricting?
Due to an upcoming retirement, this specialist manufacturer is searching for an experienced sales specialist who has their own business strategy and contacts, to maintain and develop their highest-performing territory, the Southeast.
Why This Company?
This global manufacturer is renowned for manufacturing specialised pump technology for niche applications across a diverse range of markets. Every product is designed to the client’s specific environment, application, and specification needs, and produced to order.
A prominent and established player in a highly competitive market, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company that provides you with the tools, products, and back-office support to allow you to flourish, and do what you enjoy the most – meet, specify, and sell!
Offering an exceptional accelerated commission package, the commission structure is designed to attract and reward those who have the drive and ambition to achieve and overachieve realistic targets.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to enjoy a handover period with the current long-serving and highly experienced ASM, to allow for warm introductions and to pass on specific technical knowledge.
Rewards & Benefits
- £55K – £65K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- OTE 24% which then rises aggressively for overperformance
- £6.6K Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
About The Role
A remote position, you will split your time between meeting clients and working from home. Whilst you will cover the Southeast, most of your time will be spent in and around London where the majority of major project works are taking place.
You will be responsible for:
- Gaining a strong understanding of the company product portfolio, applications, and markets.
- Managing and developing a 6-figure area.
- Reviewing existing and potential accounts, alongside any existing contacts you may have, to put together a successful sales strategy.
- Generating leads and enquiries from existing and new clients.
- Working alongside the internal sales team to produce quotes and proposals.
- Following up on quotations and securing orders.
- Liaising with Consultants and M&E contractors to ensure company products and systems are specified on upcoming projects.
- Providing assistance and coordination to customers from quote to order placement.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
It is essential you have at least 3 years of external sales experience selling Pumps, whilst experience in the ‘Wet Side’ of the HVAC market would be highly advantageous.
To be successful, you will have to build a strong contact network in the Southeast, particularly with Consultants and M&E contractors.
Engineering or related technical qualifications would be an advantage, but not essential.
You will require a Full UK Driving License and must be open to covering the whole of Southeast England.
To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious and self-motivated individual with great communication skills and the ability to develop existing and new relationships. Due to the nature of the role, it is also essential you have strong attention to detail and can retain technical information.
Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM.
- Experienced working as part of a team & on own initiative.
- Ability to manage your own time and diary.
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 140-7011
Area Sales Manager – Pumps
Location: Southeast / Home Counties
Keywords: Area Sales, Territory Sales, Regional Sales, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales Manager, Specification Sales, Proposals Engineer, Tender Engineer, Bid Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Pumps, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Mechanical, Electrical, Water, Wastewater, UtilitiesApply