Are you a highly motivated Area Sales Manager from within the Pump industry looking for a new challenge?
Due to a recent retirement, this specialist manufacturer is searching for an experienced individual to develop one of their most important territories – the South of England.
Why This Company?
With over 100 years of experience manufacturing high specification Pump technology, my client has built a strong reputation in the field for working on some of the UK’s largest projects. Every product is designed to the client’s specific environment, application, and specification needs, and produced to order.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for a company that offers you genuine support and the tools required to allow you to make a success of one of their highest potential territories.
About The Role
In an autonomous position, you will split your time between working from home and visiting customers across the territory.
Whilst the position covers the South of England (Midlands and below), due to the industries you will be targeting, you will spend most of your time in and around London and East Anglia. You will be responsible for:
- Gaining a strong understanding of the company product portfolio, applications, service capabilities, client base and route to market.
- Generating leads and enquiries from existing and new clients.
- Maintaining and developing strong customer relationships, by way of frequent visits and providing technical and commercial assistance.
- Targeting customers within the Water/Wastewater and Power industries, via Consultants and M&E Contractors to allow for company products and services to be specified for upcoming projects.
- Reviewing customer requirements and advising on potential solutions.
- Working closely with the internal support and sales teams for technical and administrative support.
- Following up on quotations and securing orders.
- Providing updates and coordination to customers from quote to order placement.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
It is essential you have at least 5 years of sales experience selling Centrifugal Pumps, whilst experience specifying via Consultants and M&E Contractors is just as important.
Whist experience selling into the Water/Wastewater and/or Power industries would be highly advantageous, you won’t be discarded if you have good working knowledge and experience specifying centrifugal pumps into different markets.
Engineering or related technical qualifications would be an advantage, but not essential.
You will require a full UK Driving License and must be open to covering the whole of the South of England, with a bias towards the South East and East Anglia.
To fit this profile, you will be a self-motivated individual with great communication skills and the ability to retain technical information.
Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM.
- Experienced working as part of a team & on own initiative.
- The ability to build & maintain trusting relationships.
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 140-3905
Area Sales Manager – Pumps
Location: South of England
Keywords: Area Sales, Territory Sales, Regional Sales, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales Manager, Specification Sales, Proposals Engineer, Tender Engineer, Bid Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Pumps, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Mechanical, Electrical, Water, Wastewater, Utilities