Are you a highly motivated Area Sales Manager from within the Construction industry looking for a new challenge?
This market-leading specialist manufacturer is searching for an experienced individual to develop one of their most important territories – the Midlands.
Why This Company?
An established manufacturer in the Construction Safety sector, the company has experienced considerable growth over the last 12 months, taking a large market share from their competitors and doubling their sales.
They have a commitment to offering quality and bespoke products for projects of all sizes, ranging from small construction projects to high-profile ventures worth up to £1 Billion, ensuring that no day will be the same.
This is a brilliant time to join a company that is on a rapid upward trajectory, offering you the chance to become part of their journey. With no plans to slow down and further their growth strategies, the company can offer genuine development opportunities with the business.
About The Role
In this autonomous position, you will split your time between working from home and visiting customers across your territory.
While the position covers the entirety of the Midlands, you will spend most of your time in and around the West Midlands (Birmingham, Coventry, Nottingham, Derby) where most construction projects are taking place. You will be responsible for:
- Gaining a strong understanding of the company product portfolio, applications, service capabilities, client base, and route to market.
- Generating leads and enquiries from existing and new clients.
- Growing the customer base and the turnover of the area.
- Maintaining and developing strong customer relationships, by way of frequent visits and providing technical assistance and support.
- Providing toolbox talks to both Contractors and Sub-Contractors (predominantly steel fabricators).
- Reviewing customer requirements and advising on potential solutions.
- Following up on quotations and securing orders.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
It is essential you have at least 2 years of field sales experience selling Construction products/materials, experience specifying construction safety equipment would be advantageous.
Any prior experience selling to M&E contractors and/or Steel Fabricators would be a great benefit, however, if you can demonstrate the drive, hard work and winning mentality required, alongside the ability to learn, you won’t be discounted.
To be successful you will have strong communication skills and have prior experience visiting building sites to help build relationships and become a trusted advisor, as well as demonstrating the technical aptitude to deliver toolbox talks.
To fit this profile, you must have desire alongside the organisational skills required to manage your own time and territory, to be able to achieve customer and sales growth in the area.
Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM.
- Experienced working as part of a team & on own initiative.
- The ability to build & maintain trusting relationships.
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time out to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 146-1130
Area Sales Manager – Construction
Keywords: Area Sales, Territory Sales, Regional Sales, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales Manager, Specification Sales, Construction Sales, Construction, Building Materials, Building Products, Construction Materials, Construction Products, Fall Protection, Barriers, Protection Barriers, Safety Solutions, Safety System, Steelwork, Structural, Steel Frame, Concrete Frames, Concrete Structures