Are you a highly motivated Sales Professional with a passion for Chemicals?
Interested in Biocide products? This specialist supplier is searching for a talented sales specialist to help maintain and enhance their grip in the Midlands.
Why This Company?
One of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemical products, this company has a great reputation in the field and work alongside some of the UK’s biggest clients.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for an industry innovator who have continually expanded their product range to provide high specification products that meets the demands of industry.
About The Role
As the Area Sales Manager you will be operating from home and be responsible for covering the Midlands and sporadically South Wales (Swansea & Cardiff).
You will spend 2-3 days in the field visiting customers and the remaining days working from home for administration and virtual meetings.
You will manage and upsell to existing clients (75%) whilst also developing new business (25%) within the region. You will be responsible for:
- Selling a wide range of industrial Biocides into different markets.
- To liaise with the Sales Manager and agree upon a sales forecast and action plan for each customer within the area.
- Developing relationships with the technical decision makers of each customer.
- Being the focal contact for customers from first contact to final delivery, as well as possibly coordinating technical input from the relevant in-house departments.
- Ensuring your customers are well informed and kept up to date with new product developments, regulatory information, and technical literature.
- Carrying out technical trials and audits on customer premises when required.
- Responsible for a multi-million-pound area turnover.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Reporting on activity & attending virtual sales meetings.
Full product training is provided.
It is essential that you have proven sales experience within the Chemical Industry (minimum 3+ years). It would also be advantageous if this experience is with Biocide products.
Whilst a degree in Chemistry / Microbiology or closely related discipline is desirable, you won’t be discounted if you have enough industry experience.
To be successful you need to need to be able to build and maintain relationships with various decision makers and have experience of working on your own initiative.
Our client is looking for an individual who wishes to take the next step in their career. To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious, hard-working, and proactive individual who is motivated to achieve the best results.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM
- Be well presented and confident with good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to build & maintain trusting relationships
- Logical thinking
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 134-1217
Area Sales Manager – Chemicals
Location: Home Based covering the Midlands
Keywords: Territory Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales, Chemical Sales, Biocide Sales, Chemicals, Biocides, Chemistry, Microbiology