Are you educated to MSc / Ph.D. level and possess hands-on experience using high-resolution microscopes such as advanced confocal, STORM, PALM, Laser Scanning, Spinning Disc or Multiphoton?
This well-established scientific instrument manufacturer is searching for a technical specialist / applications scientist to support customers in the Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Avon region.
Why This Company?
My client is a global manufacturer of high-resolution microscopy solutions with a focus on STORM, PALM and 2-Photon equipment. They have pushed the boundaries of technology, enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities, they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged and technically challenged, then this is the opportunity for you.
Rewards & Benefits
- £40K – £46K Basic
- £8K Car Allowance
- Up to 10% Pension
- 27 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
About The Role
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first-class customer service and application support to my client’s customer base across Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Avon, and surrounding territory.
Other duties will include:
- Working closely with sales to provide both pre/post sales and application support to customers.
- Managing your own diary.
- Attending client’s site on a regular basis to conduct equipment demonstrations (hardware & software) and presentations. (this may also be via virtual meetings)
- Predominantly working with the academic sector, visiting universities.
- Following the installation of the equipment on site, it would be your responsibility to provide user training to groups of up to 5-10 people at varying levels of experience.
- Providing ongoing customer support and refresher training.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Supporting customers to gain funding.
The successful candidate will have a passion for microscope technology and keen to learn how certain systems are suited to particular applications.
You must be educated to MSc / PhD level and possess hands-on experience using high-resolution microscopes such as advanced confocal, STORM, PALM, Laser Scanning, Spinning Disk, Multiphoton or 2-Photon microscopes to name a few.
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Willingness to learn.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
- Driving license required.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 130-4322
Technical Specialist / Applications Scientist – Microscopy
Location: Covering Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Avon
Keywords: Microscopy, Microscopes, Subject Matter Expert, Equipment Demonstrations, Applications Scientist, Microscope Training, User / Operator Training, Life Science, Cell Biology, Biomedical Science, Optics, STORM, Stochastic Optical Reconstruction, Super Resolution, Mulltiphoton, PALM, FPALM, SR, Super Resolved Imaging, SDCM Structured illumination, CARS, 4Pi, Stimulated Emission Depletion, GSD, Ground State Depletion, STED, SSIM, SR-SIM, Photoactivated Localization, Cell Imaging, Cell Analysis, Biotechnology, Two Photon Imaging, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Live Cell, Biophysics, Biosciences, Life ScienceApply