Ready for a new challenge? Are you a passionate, innovative Structural Engineer looking for an opportunity to join a well-established, nationwide Engineering Consultancy?
Why This Company?
My client is an award winning Civil/Structural engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK. They are a well-established business and have been offering design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Rail, Building Structures and Nuclear.
With a reputation spanning over 30 years, my client has gone from strength to strength and are experiencing steady growth due to multiple recent project wins. If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
About The Role
This position will offer a variety of work within the Structural Engineering industry with an immediate involvement in projects within the Rail, Industrial and Leisure industries where you will be involved in blend of Temporary Works and Permanent Building Structures. It will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once a month).
Other duties will include:
- Designing a variety of structural schemes
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Robot or Tedds
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and prepare reports
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver assignments
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors, and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
The successful candidate will have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering and will have proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 3 years post grad experience
- Proven technical knowledge and experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator with a client facing approach
- Site survey experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Proficient in a range of design software such as Robot, TEDDS or ANSYS
- Familiar with UK industry standards and Eurocodes
- Willingness to learn and desire to progress
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
- Full driving licence and own transport
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 126-8902
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Rail, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Bridges, Nuclear, Site Surveys, Inspections