Job Ref: 124-8630
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm (Mon-Fri)
With a rich history in their sector, my client has become recognised for their quality and expertise.
Part of a larger multimillion-pound group with manufacturing sites across the globe, they have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable solutions to the market.
Their professional engineering environment offers autonomy, development, and a fantastic working environment which has led to a high retention rate of staff.
They now wish to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in West Yorkshire.
As the sole Mechanical Design Engineer in the team, you will play a key role within the operation and be responsible for:
- Utilising SolidWorks to produce 3D models / designs of my clients’ mechanical assemblies, bracketry, and enclosures (50% brand new designs / 50% amends of existing drawings)
- Preparing general arrangement drawings
- Completing drawings to project deadlines
- Providing technical input and support to other departments
- Creating and updating support documentation such as assembly drawings
- Using hand tools (micrometers, vernier calipers etc.) to conducting first article inspection (FAI) – 5-7% of the role
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Mechanical Design Engineering role and have proven success using SolidWorks.
A minimum education level of HNC/HND is required, however a Mechanical Engineering degree would be preferred.
My client is open to most mechanical engineering industries, however you must have the ability to design complex mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies to tight tolerances which may on occasions incorporate moving parts.
A previous background in CNC machining and a knowledge of heat treatment / plating process would be beneficial but not essential as would an understanding of material properties (tensile strength), ability to do hand calculations, concept design and past experience working on products which use hydraulic pressure.
Keywords: Mechanical Design, Design Engineer, CAD, Computer Aided Design, 3D Design, 3D Modelling, 3D Model, Designer, Design Calculations, SolidWorks, Solid Works, C.A.D, Design Engineering, SolidWorks Designer. Solid Works, Mechanical Design Engineer