Location: West Yorkshire
My client is a market leading manufacturer and supplier of specialist electronic equipment used across a diverse range of industries.
With a multimillion pound turnover and manufacturing sites across the globe, they have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable solutions to the market.
In line with their growth plans they now wish to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the Technical Director and be responsible for:
- Spending a large portion of your initial 1-2 years working on a major new product development project.
- Working within a team of 6 engineers. (being one of two focussing on embedded software)
- The design and development of embedded software and firmware for new and existing electronic systems.
- Generating embedded code in C and assembler language.
- Generating the software architecture and communication protocols on a variety of microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Testing of prototypes.
- Generating supporting documentation.
- Project Management
This opportunity offers the chance not only to work on existing products, but play an instrumental role in the development of new products, which require completely new coding standards and system architecture.
The ideal candidate will possess a Degree, HND or HNC within an Engineering discipline and have 3+ years within Embedded Software Engineering.
Candidates must also have experience coding within C and possess knowledge of digital signal processing and analog to digital conversion.
Any experience working on instrumentation, set top boxes, smart meters, CCTV systems, CAN communication protocols or other related technology would be of great interest.
It is essential all candidates have the ability to work to project deadlines, are a clear communicator and possess the motivation to be successful within my client’s software engineering department.