Location: West Yorkshire – Bradford, Leeds or surrounding
Hours: Mon-Thurs (7:45 – 16:30), Fri (7:45-12:45)
- A well-recognised high precision manufacturer, offering an outstanding service to its clients.
- A highly successful market leader.
- An organisation driven by change and improvement.
You will be responsible for:
- The efficient management, motivation, training, development and disciplinary of the works team.
- Ensuring a cost effective, efficient and streamlined production process.
- Working with the Directors to set/review budgets and produce a strategy to minimise costs and comply with legal requirements for manufacturing.
- Collaborating with the Quality Manager to monitor standards and implement quality control/assurance programmes.
- Managing the site inventory to ensure minimum use of working capital.
- Driving change programmes and continuous improvement of KPI’s.
- Monitoring the production process and creating/amending production plans.
- Researching and reviewing new technology and alternative methods to improve site efficiency.
- Effectively planning materials so production isn’t affected by stock constraints.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction KPI’s are delivered to at least cost.
- Building a strong and capable site team that works effectively and safely.
- Continually monitoring levels of absence and addressing any problems as necessary.
- Ensuring the site operates to all current legislation and company procedures including Health & Safety, the environment and trading standards.
- Managing, motivating and developing the team to achieve their personal development plans.
- Ensuring you promote a safety first culture.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Works Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager or equivalent within a fast paced manufacturing business.
It is essential all candidates have experience in the precision engineering sector and are familiar with CNC machining processes.
Other key skills required include:-
- Excellent people management, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT literate and a good level of numeracy.
A degree within an engineering or production discipline and an IOSH qualification would be advantageous, but not essential.