Are you a highly motivated Sales Engineer or Applications Engineer with a passion for Test & Measurement instruments? Or are you an Engineer looking to apply your knowledge to a more commercialised and customer-facing role?
This specialist supplier is searching for a talented Sales Engineer to help maintain and enhance their market-leading reputation.
Why This Company?
One of the UK’s leading suppliers of Test & Measurement instruments, this company has a great reputation in the field and work alongside some of the world’s largest end-users.
Working with several high-profile clients, in a variety of fields, no day is the same.
This is also a brilliant opportunity to work alongside the existing Sales Director, to not only learn the products and markets, but to be warmly introduced to existing customers, before they eventually move onto different activities.
About The Role
As the Sales Engineer, your time will be split between working remotely from home and from the office in Hampshire, with approximately 2 days spent on the road meeting your client base.
Already an established business, you will manage and upsell to existing clients (80%), whilst developing new business (20%) across the country. You will be responsible for:
- Educating your clients on a wide range of Test & Measurement instruments, components, and systems with a bias towards RF.
- Selling to end users across a variety of industries such as, Defence, Automation, and major Medical, Scientific, and Industrial businesses to name a few.
- Developing relationships with Engineers, Engineering Managers, Health & Safety Managers and Buyers/Procurement Managers.
- Arranging and conducting regular training seminars for your customers.
- Managing a 7-figure turnover.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Reporting on activity & attending virtual sales meetings.
Full product training is provided, including the opportunity to work alongside the Sales Director until you are fully operational.
Open on experience, my client is willing to consider your application if you are an existing Sales/Applications Engineer or an Engineer/Technician looking to apply your knowledge into a more commercialised and customer-facing role.
To be successful you will require an Engineering degree, HNC or HND in a STEM subject, and have a working understanding of Electronic, RF or EMC applications.
Our client is looking for an individual who wishes to take the next step in their career. To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious and energetic individual who is motivated to achieve the best results.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Strong Presentation skills.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM.
- Eagerness to learn new technology.
- Be well presented and confident, with good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with Engineers, Managers & Buyers.
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Job Ref: 134-4034
Test & Measurement Sales Engineer
Location: Hybrid / Remote
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Business Development, Territory Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Sales, Electronic Engineering, Electronic, Electronic Equipment, Survey Equipment, Test & Measurement, Test and Measurement, Electronics Engineer, Electronics Technician, EMF Measurement, EMF, Meters, Probes