Location: Hounslow, Greater London
£30 – £43K (dependent upon experience) + Private Healthcare + 25 Days Holiday + Flexible Working Options
Our client is a world-leading provider of a wide range of analytical testing services based in London. This ISO and GLP accredited organisation are looking to recruit a Technical Specialist, an exciting role which offers a unique opportunity to oversee all the analytical areas of the lab, and the associated instrumentation, without having any direct line management responsibility.
This global company are incredibly employee-focused, with the encouragement of internal progression very apparent. This specific department are growing very quickly and have very exciting plans to move the laboratory mid next year; with the Technical Specialist being instrumental in transferring the methods to the new site. Due to the business testing samples in a wide range of matrices, this role is incredibly varied and would give you exposure to a myriad of analytical methods.
As a Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a multitude of instrumentation in the lab including LC-MS(/MS) and GC-MS(/MS)
- Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
- Method optimisation and validation for new and existing multi-analyte methods
- Advanced preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Training and developing Analysts in new methods
- Troubleshooting of chromatograms (split peaks, missing peaks, ghost peaks etc)
- Leading method transfer projects during laboratory move next year
- Providing technical expertise to management.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven industrial experience with LC-MS(/MS) and GC-MS(/MS).
You will need to have experience in developing, optimising and validating a range of multi-analyte methods in a wide range of matrices (ideally biological matrices).
You must be organised to manage multiple projects, with excellent communication skills to be confident to communicate with staff at all levels.
Keywords: GLP, Good Laboratory Practice, LC, Liquid Chromatography, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC, Gas Chromatography, GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, ISO17025, ISO9001, Analytical Chemist, Method Development, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting, Senior Analyst.Apply