Location: York, Yorkshire
£23K – £28K Basic + 5% Pension + Benefits
Our client is a well-established organisation within the pig industry and have a distinct interest in animal nutrition and performance. Recognised for their investment in staff they now wish to recruit a graduate who possesses a natural interest in the sector and a desire to learn.
Working in a diverse role, you will be based at my clients supply farm and be responsible for:
- Providing onsite technical and nutritional support and assistance
- Organising pig trials on my client’s growers / finishers
- Monitoring and reporting the results of all farm nutrition trials
- Gathering and analysing performance and feed data throughout the trial
- Ensuring best practice is followed throughout the site
- Monitoring the performance of associated herds and breeding sites
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or higher within Animal Nutrition, Animal Science, Agriculture, Agricultural Science or affiliated.
Alongside your education, the ideal candidate will have gained on farm experience and have a natural interest in pig nutrition. A placement year as part of your education will be considered.
You must be self-motivated, a good communicator, possess a strong attention to detail and be keen to learn and upskill.
Keywords: Monogastric, PIG, Poultry, Ruminant, Animal Nutrition, Animal Science, Agriculture, Harper Adams, Graduate, Technical Support, Technical Specialist, Field Trials, Nutrition Trials, Agricultural ScienceApply