Are you a talented sales professional with proven success in the intralogistics industry?
Interested in a financially secure employer with big growth plans for the UK? This high-quality bespoke manufacturer is looking for a talented Sales Manager to join their UK team.
Why This Company?
With a multimillion-pound turnover and advanced manufacturing capabilities, my client has become a leading supplier of bespoke materials handling equipment offering a range of innovative solutions for a diverse range of client needs.
With innovation and continuous improvement at the heart of their design, they have become known as a key partner, supporting clients to improve materials flow and efficiency.
Rewards & Benefits
- £40K – £60K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- 20% Bonus
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Company Credit Card
- Lunch Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays
About The Role
Reporting to the Sales Director you will operate in the intralogistics market and be responsible for:
- Developing new prospect accounts across England.
- Operating in an 80% hunting and 20% farming role.
- Following up on warm leads and inquiries from marketing campaigns.
- Selling a range of materials handling equipment with a focus on bespoke platforms and shelf trolleys.
- Offering both customised (70%) and standard (20%) solutions across a diverse range of manufacturing environments such as automotive and heavy machinery manufacturers through to parcel distribution centres.
- Working to a typical sales cycle for customised products of 3 months.
- Securing orders with an average value of £20-30K with larger projects being up to £150K.
- Forging solid relationships with key decision-makers including Lean Champions, Logistics Managers, Operations Managers, and CI Managers.
- Understanding customer project needs and providing guidance and input on the best-proposed solution.
- Handling both technical and commercial inquiries from your customer base. (Inhouse technical support team available)
- Attending industry events, exhibitions, and shows.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven sales professional who is keen to forge/continue a career in Technical Sales.
It is essential candidates have a minimum of 1-3 years of technical sales experience within areas such as materials handling, racking, mobile shelving, FLTs or components such as castors. You must enjoy hunting for new business and be comfortable supporting clients in the intralogistics market.
An HNC, HND, or Degree in a technical discipline would be advantageous, but not essential.
My client is also open to considering Logistics Analysts, Continuous Improvement Analysts and Process Improvement Analysts with a desire to move into a sales environment.
Other key skills needed:
- Self-motivation and comfortable opening doors
- Hunter mentality with a desire to identify new prospects
- Able to operate autonomously
- Excellent communication skills with a consultative sales approach
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to listen and prepared to learn
- Full driving license
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 139-6986
Technical Sales Manager – Materials Handling
Location: Based anywhere in England, ideally Midlands, Yorkshire, Northwest
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Regional Sales, Business Development, Territory Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Area Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Exec, Sales Rep, Sales Representative, Business Development, New Business, BD Manager, Sales Consultant, Materials Handling, Racking, Shelving, Mobile Storage, Castors, Pallet Trucks, FLT, Fork Lift Truck, Platform Trolleys, Shelf TrolleysApply