Are you a driven and customer-focused Technical Sales Manager with a passion for solving complex application challenges?
As a Technical Sales Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in driving business growth by providing innovative solutions and exceptional customer service. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment with peers who are also passionate about delivering results that have a real impact on the success of the business.
Why This Company?
They are a leading provider of bespoke automation systems that are sold into a diverse range of industries. They take pride in their commitment to delivering cutting-edge solutions that enable their clients to achieve their business objectives. With a growing portfolio of clients, they have secured some fascinating projects in industries such as Food, Beverage and Packaging. This has included automated Canning and Bottling lines.
Their success is built on a deep understanding of technical solutions combined with a customer-focused approach that prioritises exceptional service and building strong relationships. They are proud of their ability to work closely with clients to understand their specific requirements and tailor solutions to meet their needs.
As part of their ongoing growth strategy, they are currently seeking a talented Technical Sales Manager to join their team.
Rewards & Benefits
- £50K – £65K Basic Salary
- Uncapped Bonus
- Mileage Allowance
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Hols
- Annual Pay Reviews
About The Role
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be reporting to the Directors and your job functions and duties will include:
- Developing new business (50%) and managing accounts (50%) while working towards your turnover target of £500K.
- Collaborating with the local technical team and the overseas solutions team to gain input and support on customer projects.
- Building strong relationships with key decision-makers, such as Engineering Managers, Project Engineers, and Directors, to understand their project needs and provide guidance on the best-proposed solution.
- Handling technical and commercial inquiries from your customer base and collaborating with peers to help secure larger repeat projects.
- Maintaining, updating, and administering the CRM database to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer information is available for analysis and decision-making.
- Working on customer projects that typically have a gestation period of 3 to 18 months.
- Providing excellent customer service throughout the project lifecycle, from initial contact through to after-sales support.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Keeping up to date with market trends, competitors, and industry developments to inform sales strategies and approaches.
- Representing the company at industry events, conferences, and trade shows to build brand awareness and generate leads.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team, working on exciting projects and helping to drive business growth for a leading player in the sector.
You will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ of sales experience in integrating conveyors, robotics, or full factory automation solutions.
Any experience within food and beverage would be highly beneficial but not essential as would an Engineering education. However, a strong technical aptitude and the ability to understand complex technical solutions are a must.
You will be self-motivated and comfortable working with long sales cycles, as well as being methodical, structured and process driven.
You should be able to work independently, but also thrive as part of a team. With excellent organisation and communication skills, you’ll be able to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues alike.
This role will also require a Full UK Driving License.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 140-7804
Technical Sales Manager – Conveyor Robotics
Location: Based anywhere in England, sales territories can be reorganised around the successful candidate’s home location
Keywords: Area Sales, Technical Sales, Regional Sales, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Field Sales, Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Factory Automation, Warehouse Automation, Logistics Automation, Production, Engineer, Robotics, Conveyors, Control Systems, Materials Handling, Food, BeverageApply