Do you hold a Degree with past sales experience in the Biotech industry or an MSc / Ph.D within a Scientific field and have the desire to move into a technical sales position?
This well-established scientific instrument manufacturer is searching for a technical sales professional to support new and existing clients across the UK and Ireland.
Why This Company?
My client is a global manufacturer of microscopy equipment and has pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged, then this is the opportunity for you.
Rewards & Benefits
- £35K – £44K Basic
- £8K Car Allowance
- £12K Realistic Bonus
- Up to 10% Pension
- 27 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
About The Role
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first-class customer service and support to my client’s customer base, as well as enhancing new relationships across the UK and Ireland, with a strong focus on the London, Cambridgeshire and Oxfordshire area.
The role will involve an average of 3 nights away from home per month and travel to Ireland and Europe once a quarter.
Other duties will include:
- Working from a home office, spending approximately 3 days per week out with customers and 2 days from home
- Completing industry-leading training
- Create business development strategies, generate sales and manage accounts across a number of channels with an equal split across the Private Sector, OEM’s and Distributors
- Developing relationships with new (50%) and existing (50%) customers
- Selling my clients range of microscope equipment, components such as optics / lenses and also offering lab/imaging services to companies who don’t have their own imaging equipment/facility.
- Building lasting long-term relationships with a variety of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies
- Conduct market research to identify new potential customers
- Feeding back market intelligence to the business
- Understanding clients’ pain points and providing microscopy solutions that meet the customer’s application and needs
- Help troubleshoot and demonstrate microscopes for customers
- Understanding key applications (typically live cell imaging)
The successful candidate will have a passion for microscope technology and be keen to learn how certain systems are suited to particular applications. The client is willing to consider candidates with, either :
- An MSc or PhD within Biosciences, Life Science, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering or affiliated, with biological microscopy exposure and the desire to move into a customer-facing consultative sales role.
- A scientific Degree with 2 years’ work experience selling scientific / lab equipment within the biotechnology field. (Consumables not considered).
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously, along with a desire to work in a customer-facing sales role.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Be proactive and offer ideas and solutions to problems
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to learn
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 129-5105
Technical Sales Manager – Biotech
Location: Covering UK & Ireland (Strong focus on the London, Oxford and Cambridge area so ideally based here)
Keywords: Sales Exec, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Exec, Area Sales Executive, New Business, Business Development Manager, Business Development Exec, Business Development Executive, Regional Sales, Field Sales, Territory Sales, External Sales, Outside Sales, Microscopy, Microscopes, Microscope, Optics, Lenses, Subject Matter Expert, Life Science, Biology, Biomedical Science, Optics, Electron Microscopes, SEM, TEM, Cell Imaging, Cell Analysis, Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Live Cell, Biophysics, Biosciences, Account Manager, Account Management, Technical Sales, Scientific Sales, Area Sales, Territory Sales, Biological Microscopy, Biotechnology, BiotechApply