Are you a highly motivated Technical Sales Engineer with experience in the Wastewater industry?
Experienced with pumps or valves? This specialist pump manufacturer is searching for a talented sales specialist to lead their entry into the UK Wastewater / Utilities Framework Agreements.
Why This Company?
This global manufacturer of high specification pumps has a great reputation in the field and works with some of the UK’s biggest companies and distributors.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for an industry innovator who has continually expanded their product range to provide high-specification products that meet the demands of the industry. They continued to grow during Covid and have increased their turnover by over 10% this year.
Rewards & Benefits
- £50K – £65K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Uncapped Commission (£4K OTE Year 1, £16K OTE year 3 – can be overachieved)
- £7.5K Car Allowance
- Pension Contributions
About The Role
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will spend 2-3 days working on the framework tenders (UK-wide), and the rest of your time will be spent selling my client’s pump technology to both new and existing customers in other markets.
The role is mainly field-based visiting customers with some time spent at home for administration & research.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the company’s key focus on securing a Framework Agreement with a large Wastewater / Utility company such as United Utilities, Anglian Water, Thames Water, Seven Trent etc.
- Aiming to secure 1-2 Framework Agreements within 3 years.
- Penetrating new markets by pursuing other projects in alternative sectors such as Oil & Gas, Chemicals etc.
- Visiting key customers to build relationships.
- Setting up new UK distribution channels.
- Reviewing customer requirements and advising on potential solutions.
- Preparing quotations and proposals.
- Securing and completing orders.
- Tracking upcoming projects.
- Specifying Pumps to Contractors and Consultants.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
It is essential you have at least 5 years of sales experience selling Pumps or Valves and have relevant experience handling Framework agreements in the Wastewater / Utilities sector.
Engineering or related technical qualifications would be advantageous but not essential.
To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious and hungry individual with great technical sales experience, existing contacts, and relationship-building skills with the ability to penetrate the UK Wastewater / Utility market.
Other key skills include:
- Strong Presentation and Negotiating Skills.
- Experience working on your own initiative.
- The ability to build & maintain trusting relationships.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 129-7702
Technical Sales Engineer – Wastewater
Keywords; Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Technical Sales Engineer, Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development. New Business, Wastewater, Utilities, Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Seals, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, MechanicalApply