Location: Based anywhere in UK – Must be able to cover UK & Ireland
My client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacture of specialist flow & batch chemistry systems and chemical scale up solutions used across a diverse range of industries from Chemical, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical, through to Academia
Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification systems that meet the demands of industry.
In line with their strategic growth plans, they now wish to recruit a Technical Sales / Account Manager to further enhance customer relationships within the UK & Ireland.
Operating from a home office you will be responsible for: –
- Developing relationships with new (40%) and existing (60%) customers.
- Travelling within the territory, typically spending 4-6 nights away from home per month.
- Understanding client applications and proposing suitable solutions which are fit for purpose.
- Selling my clients range of flow and batch chemistry systems with a typical value from £40K to £200K, to clients in the Chemical/Petrochemical (40%), Pharmaceutical (30%) and Academia (30%) sector.
- Conducting technical and commercial presentations.
- Completing technical demonstrations.
- Developing relationships with R&D Managers, Lab Managers, Process Chemists, Process Safety Specialists etc.
- Handling and managing any incoming leads from your territory.
- Working to territory growth objectives.
Candidates MUST possess a minimum degree level education within Chemistry, Chemical Process Engineering or affiliated, a PhD or Masters Degree would be highly beneficial.
Along with the education, it is essential candidates hold a minimum of 2+ years’ experience within a technical sales, applications engineering or product specialist opening within flow / batch chemistry equipment, automated laboratory systems, chemical automation, rotary evaporators, calorimetry equipment or affiliated.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- A solid technical grounding within the industry, with an understanding of chemical process, R&D etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to hold both technical and commercials discussions with clients.
- Confident negotiator and relationship developer.
- A well organised, structured approach to each day.
Keywords: Technical Sales, Applications Engineer, Applications Scientist, Product Specialist, Product Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Scientific Sales, Capital Equipment Sales, Solution Sales, UK Sales, Flow Chemistry, Batch Chemistry, Chemical Process, Process Safety, Laboratory Automation, Lab Automation, Chemical Automation, Rotary Evaporators, Calorimetry, Automated Lab, Automated Laboratory