Job Ref: 112-5018
Location: Based anywhere in Germany
€80K – €85K Fixed + Car / Car Allowance + 30% Bonus + Benefits
My client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacture of specialist scientific equipment with a focus on chemistry systems, chemical scale up and bioprocess solutions used across a diverse range of industries from Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical, through to Academia.
Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification systems that meet the demands of industry.
Following an internal promotion, they now wish to recruit a Technical Sales / Account Manager to further develop the German territory.
Operating from a home office you will be responsible for: –
- Developing relationships with new (60%) and existing (40%) customers.
- Travelling within the territory, spending nights away from home when needed.
- Understanding client applications and proposing suitable solutions which are fit for purpose.
- Selling my clients range of scientific systems with a typical value from £40K to £300K, to clients in the Biotechnology, Chemical/Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical and Academia sector.
- Conducting technical and commercial presentations.
- Completing technical demonstrations.
- Developing relationships with R&D Managers, Lab Managers, Process Chemists, Process Safety Specialists etc.
- Handling and managing any incoming leads from your territory.
- Working to territory growth objectives.
Candidates MUST hold a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within a technical sales role within chemistry equipment, automated laboratory systems, chemical automation, bioprocess, rotary evaporators, calorimetry equipment or affiliated.
An education within Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Process Engineering or affiliated would be highly beneficial but not essential.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- A solid technical grounding within the industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to hold both technical and commercials discussions with clients.
- Confident negotiator and relationship developer.
- A well organised, structured approach to each day.
Keywords: Technical Sales, Applications Engineer, Applications Scientist, Product Specialist, Product Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Scientific Sales, Regional Sales, Business Development, Capital Equipment Sales, Solution Sales, Biotechnology, Bioprocess, Flow Chemistry, Batch Chemistry, Chemical Process, Process Safety, Laboratory Automation, Lab Automation, Chemical Automation, Rotary Evaporators, Calorimetry, Automated Lab, Automated LaboratoryApply