Location: Central Manchester
£23K – £28K Basic + Benefits
Do you have a passion for engineering but looking for a dynamic, forward thinking, collaborative culture that is often found in a creative agency?
My client has seen 400% growth in profits in the last 12 months and have objectives to double their UK team size by June 2020.
As a specialist within fabrication and bespoke manufacturing their refreshing approach to quality and customer service has led to them becoming recognised as a key supplier to both local and international businesses.
If you are looking for an extremely progressive, driven and fast paced operation that offers significant opportunity for career advancement, please read on.
Based from my clients commercial office in central Manchester, you will cover a range of duties, including:-
- Investigating production issues and product non-conformance.
- Conducting root cause analysis to identify and resolve issues.
- Ensuring customers are kept up to date on the status of their orders.
- Liaising with production and logistics to ensure customers components are produced and delivered on time.
- Supplier negotiation and auditing.
- Providing manufacturing with all relevant customer requirements including CAD drawings.
- Identify areas for process improvement and cost savings.
It is essential candidates possess a minimum of 1-2 years Supply Chain experience within a manufacturing operation. Ideally this will be within an industrial, engineering, fabrication or affiliated industry.
You must be comfortable managing suppliers and have and understanding of production challenges.
Other skills required,
- Clear communication
- Well organised
- A strategic approach to resolving issues
- Excellent relationship developer with great customer service skills
Any experience using an ERP system such as SAP would be highly advantageous.
Keywords: Supply Chain, Supplier Negotiation, Procurement, Production, Materials Controller, Raw Materials, Buyer, Engineering, Industrial, Fabrication, Manufacturing, ERP, CAD, Solidworks, Logistics, Quality, Root Cause Analysis, Customer Service, Project Management, OTIF.Apply