£25K – £35K Basic + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a small, well established Structural consultancy operating in a variety of markets across the UK. Since its launch, nearly 30 years ago, the business has built up a superb reputation in delivering some of the most complex Structural projects in the UK. Some of the projects they are currently involved in include Residential, Office blocks and Industrial.
If you are looking to work for a well-established company with an excellent reputation, then please apply.
This role will require you to complete detailed drawings and 3D models for Structural projects, as well as other tasks such as fee quotes, document control and staff training, particularly with Revit.
Other duties will include: –
- Prepare detailed drawings and models for Structural projects using AutoCAD and Revit
- Training existing staff members in the use of Revit
- Assist in implementing the use of Revit within the business
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, contractors and the engineering team
- Lead projects on the drawing side
- Work on multiple projects at any one time
- Attend sites and attend design meetings
The successful candidate will have a solid background within the Structural industry and have experience in providing CAD drawings and Revit models on a variety of projects. You will also be hands on, have a can-do attitude and be innovative, offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Structural Technician role
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit (essential)
- Experience in leading projects (desired, not essential)
- Experience with structural steel and/or reinforced concrete (essential)
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Willingness to learn and develop whilst also training staff and sharing knowledge
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: CAD, Design Technician, AutoCAD, Building Structures, 2D Design, Steel, Concrete, Reinforced concrete, Structural Steel, Structures, Structural, Structural Engineering, Construction, Revit