Location: North London, Hertfordshire or surrounding (Willing to consider candidates that can relocate to the area)
£43K – £55K Basic + 10% Bonus + 10% Pension (after 1 years’ service) + 4 x Life Insurance + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
(Starting basic salary depends on your experience)
My client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacture of specialist equipment used across a diverse range of industries including the Automotive, Life Science and Oil/Gas sector. Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification equipment that meets the demands of industry.
In line with the development of a new frontend interface (being developed externally), my client now wishes to recruit an experienced Software Development Engineer to further enhance their technical capabilities.
Working within an Agile development team of 10 staff, you will report to the Development Manager and be one of four, focused on applications programming.
Responsibilities include: –
- Supporting new equipment releases by making modifications to existing application code to allow it to communicate effectively with my client’s new hardware.
- Investigating and resolving software issues and bugs.
- Supporting on the development of new applications.
- Working on existing applications, writing new drivers, new modules for sensors, custom modules to achieve equipment calibration etc.
- Opportunity to be involved with embedded control systems (however, this is not the focus of the position)
You will hold a degree within Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or an affiliated area and be able to understand Pascal / Delphi code (writing code in Delphi is not required).
Any past exposure of Python or HTML5 would be beneficial but not essential, as would experience with the complications linked to working on mixed language systems.
Applicants must already possess the right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not offered with this role.
Candidates must be able to travel internationally 1-2 times per year if needed.
Other key skills include:
- Willingness to learn and broaden your skill set.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.