Job Ref: 119-4182
£60K – £70K Basic + Company bonus + Pension + 20 Days Holiday (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a market leading manufacturer who supply their products and technology into a variety of businesses across the globe.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients in a variety of industries.
If you are looking to work for a well-established, rapidly growing organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is a unique opportunity to join a recently restructured team within a business that relies heavily on their IT systems. You will report into the CIO and manage a team of 8 developers within an agile, collaborative environment. You will oversee development of internal systems, providing guidance and support to your team within an extremely busy, global manufacturing business.
The role is fully remote but will involve occasional travel (once a month at most) to the head office in the north of England. Fuel and accommodation will be paid when travel is required.
Other duties will include:
- Manage and support a team of 8 remote developers
- Plan work schedules and assign workload to the team
- Manage projects and ensure the remain on track and are delivered on time
- Take the lead on migration, initial focus on migrating the current SQL to the latest version
- Ensure the current team understand the company and departments goals
- Work within robust quality assurance, SLA and KPI frameworks
- Help create application architecture and development standards across technical teams
- Apply software design principles such as implementation, modularity and cohesion
- Develop scalable enterprise systems in C# .Net using SOLID principles
- Continuously look for optimisations and efficiency improvements across the business
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in a Lead Software Development role. You will possess strong leadership and management skills and be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Extensive experience in a Lead Developer role with demonstrable team management skills
- Experience in working in a fast-paced Agile digital delivery environment, using scrum and Kanban
- Demonstrable project planning, organisational, scoping and delivery techniques
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with a multitude of people across all levels within the business and in technical detail amongst your team
- Solid understanding of Power BI / Data Warehousing architecture
- Experience in mentoring and coaching a team and a passion to help in aiding their development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of Software Architecture, design patterns and standards
- Strong understanding of UI design principles and usability
- Have experience in front-end development (desirable)