Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
£50K – £60K Basic + Company Car + 6% Pension + Healthcare + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
(Salary dependent on experience)
They are committed to manufacturing products to a high standard of quality which often exceeds the expectations of their customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturer who is passionate about operational improvement.
They offer a fast paced and dynamic working environment that provides regular new challenges and allows the autonomy to impact change.
With overall control of the P&L for the manufacturing site, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of around 20-25 staff.
- Reducing working capital by effectively managing the site inventory.
- Championing Health & Safety within the site.
- Driving a culture change within the organisation.
- Implementing improvement techniques such as 5s, Kaizen and Lean principles.
- Improving visual control by implementing measures such as OEE.
- Driving continuous improvement of KPI’s such as Cost, Waste, Energy and Quality.
- Reducing lost time through changeovers and machinery setup.
- Analysing the manufacturing flow and suggesting / implementing process improvements.
- Leading the implementation and introduction of capital equipment within the site, ensuring minimum impact on production output.
- Producing the site business plan, including maintenance and capital spend.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have a minimum of 5 years proven success driving manufacturing / engineering performance and improvements, using tools such as Lean, SMED, Kaizen or 5S.
Any experience implementing an effective OEE system would be highly beneficial.
My client is open to consider capable assistant / cell managers who wish to step in to a full site management role.
You must have a hands-on approach and be able to take ownership and challenge issues head on.
We are open to consider candidates from the process industry, including but not limited to food, beverage, engineering or electronics.
It is essential all candidates can demonstrate process flow improvements, cost reductions and productivity improvements they have implemented.
Other key skills required include:-
- Excellent budget management, people management, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- Able to operate autonomously.
A degree within an Engineering discipline, Six Sigma or H&S qualifications such as an IOSH or NEBOSH would be highly advantageous but not essential.
Keywords:- Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, 6 Sigma, Kaizen, Poka-yoke, SMED, Process Flow Improvements, Cost Reduction, Waste Reduction, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Management, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Management, Operations Manager, Site Lead, Site General Manager, Factory Manager, Cell Manager, Plant Manager, Change Management, Cultural Change, Engineering ManagerApply