Are you a proactive, driven, and ambitious Sales professional with the aptitude and dedication to learn?
Join an international manufacturer with an unparalleled commitment to quality and innovation. This is an opportunity to work with a company celebrated for its dedication to staff well-being and positive work-life balance.
Why This Company?
With an expansive history in the UK, this organisation is a heavyweight in their industry and well regarded as one of the most successful businesses in their sector. With a staggering multi-billion-pound global turnover, they don’t just participate in the market; they dominate it with their high-quality technology.
Vast in reach, but close-knit at heart – they’ve earned their stars as a compassionate employer ensuring each employee is not just a number. With a global team of over 15,000 staff, the company boasts impressive staff retention, a testament to its inclusive work environment.
Rewards & Benefits
- £40K – £45K Basic Salary
- 20% Annual Bonus
- Hybrid Company Car
- Company Credit Card
- Fuel Card
- Healthcare CashPlan
- 4x Life Assurance
- Up to 10% Pension Contribution
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
About The Role
With the support of a back-office team, the Service Sales Engineer / Service Sales Manager / Service Sales Executive will operate from a home office and be responsible for:
- Covering Northern England and Scotland (approximately 8-10 nights away per month).
- Typically spending 3 days out with customers and 2 days per week from home (reporting, appointment booking, etc).
- Service contract management (current renewal rate is 90-95%).
- Supporting the equipment sales team to secure service contracts at the pre-sale stage.
- Spending 70% of your time securing contract renewals and 30% with customers who haven’t taken out a service agreement previously.
- Utilising the CRM to manage customer accounts and track contract expiry.
- Securing the sale of maintenance/service contracts for high-value equipment (£0.5m – £2m value) typically ranging from 1 to 3 years in contract length.
- Working with End-users across a range of markets including but not limited to water utilities (65%) and Breweries (25%).
- Working towards 10% yearly growth objectives which have been achieved every year for the past 3 years.
- Dealing with Maintenance Engineers, Plant Managers, Service Managers and Procurement.
- Organising and coordinating your own movements and appointments.
Ideally, the successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of sales experience, selling capital equipment, mechanical components or service / maintenance contracts.
My client is open-minded to considering an Internal Sales professional wishing to make the transition to an external role, or a Field Service Engineer wishing to transition into sales if they demonstrate the personality and relationship development skills needed to be successful.
Any experience selling mechanical equipment or services to distilleries or water utility companies would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Presentable with a desire to engage with customers face-to-face.
- Driven, hunter mindset.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- A proactive and ambitious individual with a hunger for success.
- Self-sufficient, with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Keen to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- A full UK driving license.
- Aptitude to learn.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,